This ionisation smoke alarm from Kidde has been designed with a host of excellent features, including a test/reset button which can be used to check the alarm operation. Ionisation sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smouldering fires) sooner than ionisation alarms.
- Small, compact design
- LPCB to EN14604/CE approved
- Power supply: 9V battery (supplied as standard)
- Temperature range: 0˚C to +40˚C
- Humidity range: up to 93% relative humidity (RH)
- Alarm dimensions: 98 x 98 x 35mm
- Alarm weight: 0.14kg
- Manufacturer's part 9040LSB
Kidde recommends that for maximum protection both ionisation and photoelectric smoke alarms are installed in the home.