Kidde RF-SFTP Wireless Base For Kidde Slick Alarm
£52.79 Inc VAT ( FREE UK Delivery On Orders Over £150* )
£43.99 Ex VAT ( FREE UK Delivery On Orders Over £150* )
The RF-SFTP unit is an accessory which can simply be fitted
in place of the standard base plate on NEW Slick® (‘wireless capability’) alarms.
It enables a versatile system of interconnected alarm units to be set up without the need for additional interconnection cable.
The base has a rechargeable lithium battery designed to provide up to 3 months’ supply on mains failure.
Both the base and the battery are guaranteed for ten years.
The base includes the Slick® mounting platform for the alarm unit and features
a Screw less terminal block connection system for the supply cabling.
Conductors can be push-fit installed and also released easily using a screwdriver in the release slot of the block.
Due to the unique identification code for the units, the system can be installed in properties
within close proximity to other RF and Kidde systems without cross interference to the operating system.
Up to 15 alarm units can be interconnected, together with one KN-RTH-RF test and hush switch, in one system.
- The RF-SFTP has an amber LED which also warns of the battery in the wireless alarm base being in a low state by its rate of flash (one flash every ten seconds).
- The RF-SFTP allows a system to be set up involving the selection of one base as a MASTER and the others to operate as REMOTES.
- The system operates as a monitored RF system, signalling to and from the MASTER unit which broadcasts every ten seconds, monitoring the responses from the REMOTES.
- On battery back-up, the units are not supervised but do ‘listen’ for signal messages. On mains power being restored the system re-establishes itself.
- An RF-STFP base can be hard wired into existing Kidde Slick® and Firex smoke and heat alarms to provide wireless solution with further accessories.
- If an attached smoke or heat alarm is activated into an alarm state, the wireless alarm base transmits an alarm activation signal using the 868MHz frequency range, causing the other smoke or heat alarm units to enter alarm state, operating as a system.
- When the triggering unit ceases alarm state the attached units in the system go back into standby state.
- The wireless alarm base has LED lights providing visual status information of the unit base showing signal strength reception, unit status identification (MASTER or REMOTE) and signal loss warning.
- The base has dual antennas with automatic ‘strongest signal strength’ selection and RF link monitoring (visual status by LEDs on mains healthy only).
- The bases each have a unique identification address and initial communication set-up is by a simple two-button operation saving time on installation.
- If a connected smoke or heat alarm is activated to an "alarm state" the RF-SFTP base transmits an alarm activation signal via Radio Frequency, causing other units on the system to also enter an alarm state.
- LED lights provide visual status information of the unit
The Kidde RF-SFTP Wireless Base is suitable for use with the following devices:
Central Control Available:
Central control of all devices using the Kidde RF-SFTP base if the system is installed utilising the Kidde KN-RTH-RF Remote Test and Hush Unit.